About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Math Rules! Manager is responsible for the operation of Boston Partners’ program Math Rules!, a weekly intervention for small groups of students in grades 1-5 at select Boston Public Schools. S/he is the primary contact for Math Rules! schools and volunteer math mentors, and acts as the Boston Partners liaison between both. S/he works with teachers in partner schools to nominate students. The Math Rules! Manager also oversees part-time coordinator(s) based at these schools. The Math Rules! Manager is supervised by and works closely with the Program Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with volunteers;
- Communicate with volunteers monthly to ensure small group matches with students are going well;
- Manage volunteer/student/school matches through salesforce.com;
- Manage flow of required paperwork and supplies;
- Gather, evaluate and report on program outcome data.
School Partner Management
- Build and maintain relationships with Boston Public Schools personnel, including the principal, school secretary and teachers;
- Conduct program presentations, solicit student nominations, and encourage feedback about the program over the academic year;
- Supervise part-time employee(s) responsible for on-site program coordination at the schools;
- Visit school sites regularly throughout the year.
- Participate as a member of the Boston Partners Volunteer Support Team;
- Recruit people interested in volunteering, both in formal and non-formal settings;
- Interview potential volunteers for placement;
- Perform other duties as requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Erin M. McGrath