About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Boston Partners is seeking a Marketing Coordinator with strong writing skills and digital instincts to join its Marketing Team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic content creator who understands web, digital marketing, and social media. The Marketing Coordinator will lead all aspects of Boston Partners’ digital media efforts, including management of the organization’s social media platforms and website. This position will report to the Marketing Manager. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Digital Content Management
- Assist with the design and implementation of online and social media communications for volunteer recruitment, event promotion, and/or donor cultivation, including graphic design for collateral
- Manage the Boston Partners in Education website – update website content and design, including the use of images, color, photography, etc.
- Oversee social media messages generated throughout the organization – currently includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, & WordPress blog
- Ensure collaboration with other organizations’ social media accounts
- Track and analyze status of Boston Partners’ website traffic and social media campaigns via analytics
- Assist with management and writing for Boston Partners’ monthly newsletter, distributed through Mail Chimp
- Promote the Boston Partners in Education brand through compelling storytelling
- Interview organization constituents – including volunteers, educators, and donors – for web stories and community publications
- Write blog entries for the Boston Partners website, including volunteer spotlights, press releases, and event updates
- Assist with writing and design for marketing brochures and mailers, email newsletter, blog posts and other promotional materials
- Assist Marketing Manager in capturing stories, photos and video for marketing materials
- Participate as a member in different Board and staff committees, including Marketing Committee
- Other tasks as identified by the Marketing Manager
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, accurately and quickly for different media
- Demonstrated success at developing and managing content
- Experience developing social media strategies across platforms
- Strong visual literacy
- Familiarity with WordPress or related CMS
- Experience with basic photography
- Ability to meet concurrent deadlines by setting priorities, organizing time, and identifying resources and assistance as needed
- A strong collaborator and team member while also able to work independently and take initiative
- Familiarity with current web trends in social media, email marketing, SEO and WordPress
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Experience with Mail Chimp marketing platform
- Experience with Salesforce.com, a CRM application
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Chris Cotrone at [email protected]. No calls please. Boston Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer.