AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring Program
Branding and Engagement Coordinator
AmeriCorps is a national community service program that gives people an opportunity to apply their skills and ideals towards helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. The AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring is an AmeriCorps Program where members serve in mentoring programs across Massachusetts.
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) is seeking an Ambassador of Mentoring to serve as the Branding and Engagement Coordinator for 2019-2020. The Ambassador’s primary goals will be to review and recommend suggestions for our teacher marketing, towards mentee recruitment, strengthening our partnerships with teachers and schools, allowing us to better communicate what we do and recruit more student mentees. The Ambassador will also continue to build our capacity in community outreach and mentor recruitment. Finally, the Ambassador will continue the work from 2018/2019 to build upon our volunteer engagement strategies and increase our match support capacity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing our current marketing strategies, including but not limited to our branding, outreach strategies, website, and nomination solicitation processes, and making recommendations for improvements,
implementing initial updates to marketing materials.
- Conduct and support recruitment of volunteers to increase the number of students served, particularly in Roxbury, Dorchester, and Mattapan through a variety of online postings, recruitment fairs and neighborhood events.
- Helping to build a more robust system for volunteer engagement and ongoing training support throughout volunteers’ mentoring.
- Interviewing and matching new potential volunteers.
- Implementing our community outreach and mentor recruitment strategies, through maintaining our online presence and raising community awareness and connectedness.
Twenty-Five AmeriCorps Ambassadors will complete a year of service from August 2019-June 2020. These members will be placed at one host site organization to build the capacity of youth mentoring programs and organizations in the areas of match support; marketing and mentor recruitment; mentor/mentee/parent training; and program development, evaluation and start up.
All AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring will focus on volunteer mentor recruitment efforts in their host organization as well as work with other Corps members to complete a statewide community service project that benefits the field of mentoring in Massachusetts. AmeriCorps Ambassadors will be supervised by their host organization and the Mass Mentoring Partnership AmeriCorps Program Manager.
General Program Qualifications:
- BA/BS strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with and/or commitment to youth development
- A passion for volunteerism and community service
- The desire to work with diverse people, organizations and communities
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Some experience with marketing – material design, blogging and social media preferred
- Proficiency with Google G Suite applications
- Experience with WordPress or another similar CMS, or an interest in learning WordPress skills
- Interest in nonprofit organizations and their development
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven leadership and project management abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor
- A $5920 educational award upon completion of service
- A Bi-weekly stipend
- Graduate certificate in Youth Development and Social Equity from Boston University
- Additional transportation reimbursement for qualifying members
- 250+ hours of professional training and networking opportunities in the mentoring field and the nonprofit sector
- Free health care coverage
- Loan deferment and interest accrual payment for qualifying loans upon completion of service
- A nation-wide Alumni network
- A built-in network of AmeriCorps members and colleagues – with the potential to make lifelong friends!
To apply, please fill out the online form and select “Boston Partners in Education” as your host site. All applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.