We are now hiring for a Staff Writer position.
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Boston Partners is seeking a highly-motivated Staff Writer with strong communication, writing, organizational and time-management skills. As a member of Boston Partners’ marketing team, s/he will contribute to our mission by working closely with both program and fund development staff, assisting in a range of assignments. Primarily, this person will lead all aspects of our digital media communication efforts, including social media and select grant writing. Approximately 50% of the Staff Writer’s time will be dedicated toward managing digital communications, while 50% will be spent researching and writing grant proposals. The Staff Writer will report to the Marketing Manager. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Digital Content Management
- Update website content and design on regular basis, including the use of images, color, photography, etc.
- Act as Co-Chair of the Social Media Committee: regularly schedule and hold meetings, create agendas and minutes
- Oversee social media messages generated throughout the organization – currently includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, LetsAllDoGood, WordPress blog; ensure collaboration with other organizations’ social media accounts
- Track and analyze status of Boston Partners’ website traffic and social media campaigns via analytics
- Ensure external online donation pages include current messaging, photos, etc. (e.g., Crowdrise, FirstGiving, GuideStar, Giving Common); Update and refresh relevant profiles on quarterly basis
- Assist with the design and implementation of online and social media communications for volunteer recruitment, event promotion, and/or donor cultivation, including graphic design for collateral
- Write/Design a variety of marketing materials, including marketing brochures and mailers, email newsletter, blog posts and other promotional materials
- Assist Marketing Manager in capturing stories, photos and/or video for marketing materials
- Write nominations for awards and opportunities to be recognized by professional associations, etc.
- Participate as a member in different Board and staff committees, including Marketing Committee
- Other tasks as identified by the Marketing Manager and/or COO
Grants Research & Writing
- Research current and potential corporate, private, and public foundation funders and conduct funder outreach
- Maintain and update calendar of funders’ grant cycles; Track proposal preparation process in salesforce.com and Google Drive
- Manage grant relationships with private, family, and corporate foundations; Construct proposals/applications for new foundation opportunities and prepare reports to foundations for awarded grants
- Collaborate with COO and Grants Team in regular meetings to plan and execute grants strategy
- Maintain calendar of reporting requirements and plan appropriately
- Coordinate with Program Director and Program Managers throughout the year, at mid-year, and at the end of the year to assess program progress, identify challenges and successes, and collect evaluation data
- Work with Corporate Relations Manager on corporate grants
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum three years demonstrated strong writing experience
- Strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, accurately and quickly for different media
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Familiarity with WordPress or related CMS
- Ability to meet concurrent deadlines by setting priorities, organize time, and identifying resources and assistance as needed
- A strong collaborator and team member while also able to work independently and take initiative
- Research experience including knowledge of data analysis
- Familiarity with current web trends in social media, email marketing, SEO and WordPress
- Experience in Salesforce.com, a CRM application
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Christopher Cotrone at [email protected]. No calls please. Boston Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer.