Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades K-12, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Boston Partners offers four mentoring opportunities in schools across the Boston Public Schools system – Motivate, Accelerate, Aim High, and Power Lunch. This position will work directly with the Power Lunch opportunity. Power Lunch is Boston’s premier reading enrichment program for students in grades K–3. It allows volunteers to meet students where they are and lift them to new levels of competency and success by fostering a love of reading.
The Site Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Power Lunch at a school site, as well as helping with document collection for the other opportunities. Each Site Coordinator acts as liaison between the school and the Partnerships staff, and facilitates the Power Lunch sessions at the school. This part-time position is seasonal, and typically runs from October to June.
- Assisting Partnerships Managers to collect and distribute documents at the start of the school year
- Efficiently communicating with Partnerships Managers, teachers, and students about any scheduling changes or other program concerns
- Enforcing Boston Partners’ policies and procedures with teachers, volunteers, and students
- Facilitating Power Lunch by monitoring sessions, taking student and volunteer attendance, maintaining a clean and organized Power Lunch space, and other duties assigned by the Partnerships Manager
Qualities Essential in an Effective Site Coordinator:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Confidence in coordinating medium-large groups of volunteers and students
- Experience or interest working with elementary school students
- Effective communicator: comfortable with corporate volunteers, school personnel, and students
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and problem-solve
- Capacity to work independently
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Access to a mobile phone and email
3-6 hours per week (may vary)
Please direct any questions to:
Shara Guarnaccia, Senior Partnerships Manager