Boston Partners in Education is now hiring for a full-time Program Director position
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, academic support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades PreK-12, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Program Director will have significant responsibilities and opportunities to design and manage Boston Partners in Education’s mentoring programs, as we incorporate family-focused, online offerings into our traditional school-based, in person model. The Program Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
Boston Partners in Education is looking for an innovator, builder, manager, and partner in leading our organization. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-moving and ever-evolving environments, and can provide leadership at both the macro level (systematic design and refinement of the program model and its stakeholders) and micro level (operational implementation).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- With Executive Director, set a long-term strategy and vision for Boston Partners in Education’s programs
- Set goals for the Program team that align with overall organizational strategic goals. Clearly define both short-term and long-term goals for both in-person and online programs. Clearly communicate goals and vision to the Program team, management, Board and entire staff
- Act as staff liaison to Board Program Committee; participate as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Hire and supervise partnership managers and other program team staff, effectively delegate tasks, clearly communicate expectations and goals, facilitate regular team meetings, set clear and specific meeting agendas, and provide quarterly and annual feedback
- Troubleshoot and proactively remedy volunteer, partner, and team challenges
- Develop plans for the implementation of programs (from start to finish), including establishing milestones, deadlines, and processes
- Develop and cultivate strategic partnerships with Boston Public Schools, other organizations that support public school students, and community stakeholders. Facilitate regular meetings and touchpoints with these partners.
- At least five years of experience working to develop and implement youth-oriented programming for non-profits
- Experience designing and implementing remote or online education programming is highly valued
- At least three years of experience working directly with public school districts, Boston preferred
- At least three years of experience leading a team of three or more people
- Outstanding organization and leadership skills–a demonstrated ability to take initiative, stay organized, delegate work, and support team members in meeting responsibilities
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; can work independently to achieve goals after receiving broad direction
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for outcomes, impact and systems improvement
- Experience working with diverse populations and communities and building relationships across lines of difference
- Proven track record and ability to organize, plan and execute multiple streams of work, meet deadlines and maintain timely correspondence/follow up
- Google Suite experience required
- Database experience preferred, Salesforce experience a plus
- A deep passion for working with and empowering youth
- Deep understanding of the Boston non-profit and educational landscape preferred
- Multilingual preferred
How To Apply:
To apply: http://bit.ly/BPIPD21
If you are unable to complete this form, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Program Director” as the subject line.