Program Coordinator — Big Cheese Reads Initiative
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Position Description: (20 hrs/wk)
The Big Cheese Reads Initiative introduces business, community, and cultural leaders (“Big Cheeses”) to middle school students in the Boston Public Schools through a one-time classroom visit. During this visit, Big Cheeses read to the students and share experiences that emphasize the vital role literacy plays in future achievement, particularly career success.
The Big Cheese Reads Initiative Program Coordinator is responsible for nurturing strong relationships with K-8 and middle school leaders resulting in smooth Big Cheese Reads visits, with the objective of bringing Boston Partners’ programs to schools. The Coordinator also supports the Corporate Relations Manager to recruit and secure Big Cheeses.
- Maintain all program reading, training and marketing materials.
- Maintain pre- and post-visit communication with both Big Cheeses and schools.
- Track all school and Big Cheese communication in Salesforce.com database.
- Organize and oversee the recruitment and registration of middle schools for the program.
- Schedule Big Cheese Reads school visits by soliciting preferred dates for schools.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Relations Manager to recruit a diverse variety of Big Cheeses in accordance with the school’s preference.
- Attend Big Cheese Readings and coordinate staff attendance.
- Coordinate an Executive Briefing Session the morning of each Big Cheese Reads visit, including hospitality and an orientation and welcome by a school leader and a Boston Partners leader.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise and ensure that the classroom visit is a positive experience for both Big Cheese Readers and schools.
- Oversee evaluation of the program at the end of the school year.
- Keep all Big Cheese Reader records updated in our Salesforce.com database.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate confidence in coordinating senior and leadership level scheduling
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Familiarity with salesforce.com a plus
- Interest in fundraising a plus
- Familiarity with educational programming and the Boston Public Schools preferred
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
This position is part of the Development Team and reports to the Special Events Coordinator. The position runs September through June, and is a 10-month hourly position with a maximum of 20 hours per week. Flexible schedule, some hours may be worked remotely. Some early mornings may be required. Ideal position for college students looking to expand experience in nonprofit development.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No calls please.
Boston Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer.