We are now hiring for a Partnerships Manager position.
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades K-12, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Partnerships Manager will ensure quality matches by recruiting, interviewing, matching, and providing support for volunteers in his/her assigned schools. S/he will also provide support around nomination, matching, and volunteer engagement to the principal, teachers, and school staff at the schools in his/her portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen, and match academic mentors
- Recruit, present to, and provide matches for teachers and other relevant school personnel
- Provide support to mentors, teachers, families and students after the match is made
- Build on and deepen existing relationships with schools and work to develop new school partnerships
- Build on and deepen existing relationships with mentors to increase retention
- Collaborate with staff to improve the collection, tabulation, analysis, and reporting of student and volunteer outcome data
- Use Salesforce.com proficiently for match support and reporting
- Assist in ongoing efforts use evaluation results to improve program effectiveness
- Work under the direction of the Senior Partnership Manager, Program Director and Director of Education to determine strategic vision for programs
- Create and maintain priority list of schools to increase recruitment and retention
- Coordinate with communications and match teams on the best platforms (including social media) to share stories about students’ successes/growth
- Participate as a member of the Volunteer Support and Match Support teams
- Participate as member of AMP! planning committee
- Support annual volunteer fundraising drive and annual fundraising gala
- Participate in program and organization-wide team building and strategic planning events.
- Represent Boston Partners in Education at key partnership and recruitment events (may require some evening hours)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of an Associate degree or higher preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Familiarity with databases, particularly of salesforce.com, a plus
- Highly organized, strong attention to details
- Capable of meeting concurrent deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong public speaking skills a plus
- Spanish-speaking preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], with Partnerships Manager as the subject line.
Employment type: Full time
Professional level: Entry level
Salary: Low 30’s
Benefits: Generous benefits package