We Are Now Hiring for a Marketing Manager Position
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
As we begin our 50th year of service to the Boston Public Schools, Boston Partners is seeking a strategic, creative and results-oriented Marketing Manager. S/he will be the leader for initiating and executing the organization’s overall marketing and communications strategy. This person will demonstrate a passion for the mission of the organization with the chief responsibility to oversee the communication and dissemination of the organization’s vision and mission to all internal and external audiences. The Marketing Manager will play an integral role in planning and executing key events, including our annual 400+ person spring Gala. This role collaborates with all staff and board to advance all aspects of the organization, helping to build Boston Partners’ brand and to enhance our social media presence. In Fiscal Year 2017, s/he will be focused on promoting the organization’s 50th anniversary campaign. S/he will supervise the Staff Writer. The Marketing Manager will report to the Executive Director. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Communications Strategy & Planning
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy, developing team-wide and individual goals aligned with current overall strategic plan
- Create an annual communications plan, including a comprehensive communications calendar, to advance Boston Partners’ mission and brand
- Lead the organization’s 50th anniversary marketing campaign
- Coordinate with fund development and program support teams to promote and communicate about fundraising events/campaigns and programming.
- Shape and manage Boston Partners’ social media and website communications strategy
- Shape and manage Boston Partners’ public relations strategy, cultivating critical relationships with the media and other influencers
- Work with key staff to develop, maintain and monitor a strong, consistent brand
- Implement brand strategy initiatives and communicate these initiatives to stakeholders and staff
- Identify strategic opportunities to enhance and leverage Boston Partners in Education’s brand(s), as well as emerging communications challenges and potential solutions
- Serve as primary liaison with external design agencies or vendors where appropriate
- Take the lead on shaping and positioning Boston Partners as a thought leader in our sector
- Develop and maintain relationships with the local media in order to generate coverage
- Create and execute ongoing public relations initiatives by working with staff and the Board’s Marketing Committee to develop feature/human interest stories and press releases while cultivating relationships with local media and securing press coverage of programs, events, etc.
- Monitor and report press opportunities and results, internally and externally
- Serve as primary liaison with external communications agencies or vendors where appropriate
- Participate as a member of the Marketing, Development and Gala Committees
- Lead and carry out communications in regards to events related to fundraising and program activities.
- Supervise the Staff Writer
- Work with the COO to prepare annual communications budget
- Participate in professional development activities when appropriate
- Where needed, conduct formal contracted services searches (and make recommendations), related to branding, website, professional public relations counsel, etc.
- Identify and cultivate community engagement opportunities for collaboration
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience required
- Three years’ experience managing internal and external communications for an agency/company
- Ability to think strategically about organization’s communications needs in general as well as in the context of constituent support and fundraising
- Excellence in written and oral communication
- Experience running direct mail and e-mail campaigns to targeted constituents
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline
- Ability to respond rapidly and on-message developing events
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to engage board directors as a staff person
- Understanding of and ability to articulate mission and the voice of the organization’s leaders
- Familiarity with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite™ and WordPress CMS
- Experience crafting video content and using camera equipment
- Ability to travel to city schools and event sites
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
Salary in high $40,000’s, plus excellent benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with Marketing Manager in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Boston Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.