Boston Partners in Education is now hiring for full-time Director of Development position.
About The Organization
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Through strategic support and donor cultivation, the Director of Development increases awareness and visibility of Boston Partners in Education’s mission and programs within the funding community. The Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising plan annually that will increase the organization’s support from individuals, corporations, foundations and through events.
They manage the Development Team, which currently includes the Development Associate and the Big Cheese Reads Coordinator. They work closely with the Executive Director, COO, Marketing Team and Board of Directors. They report to the Executive Director and are a member of the Management Team. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual comprehensive fundraising plan aligned with organization’s strategic plan
- Cultivate, manage and steward relationships with all donors and prospects, with a particular focus on major donors and corporate partner/sponsors
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and key board members to design and implement a major gifts strategy, including executing on the major gifts growth plan
- Execute donor cycle for all donors
- Set the strategic direction for all events related to fundraising, including, but not limited to, the annual Big Cheese Reads Gala, Leadership Breakfasts, Major Donor events and Peer to Peer campaigns
- Through strategic partnerships and donor cultivation, build relationships to increase the visibility of Boston Partners in Education within the philanthropic community
- Serve as lead staff liaison to the Development, Dinner, and Gala Board committees
- In coordination with Executive Director, identify and recruit prospective Board members
- Represent organization at events as appropriate
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years professional fundraising experience with track record of year over year revenue growth
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Strong major donor experience
- Comfort working with Board level volunteers
- Experience with digital/virtual fundraising campaigns a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Demonstrated competency supervising and motivating staff
- Willing to work collaboratively across disciplines within organization
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
The ideal candidate has had experience:
- Managing a campaign
- Closing at least 5-figure gifts
- Excelling in a team environment
How to apply:
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Erin McGrath at firstname.lastname@example.org