We are now hiring for a Corporate Relations Manager position
About the Organization:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the personal growth of Boston’s public school students by providing them with focused, individualized, in-school support. Boston Partners recruits, trains, places and supports volunteers to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
The Corporate Relations Manager will take responsibility for managing an existing portfolio of corporate supporters, as well as cultivate new prospects for the organization. Currently, approximately 50% of annual revenue comes from area corporations. The Manager will be a part of Boston Partners’ fund development team, and work closely with the Director of Development, Executive Director, Special Events Manager and Staff Writer to cultivate, solicit and steward donors. Special focus will be on the organization’s Big Cheese Reads Initiative, Power Lunch Program, and corporate foundation opportunities. S/he will report to the Director of Development. This is a full-time, exempt position.
This is an exciting opportunity for a smart and driven development professional to hit the ground running and make a significant impact on Boston Partners in Education as we celebrate our 50th year of service to the Boston Public Schools, its students and teachers through the involvement of members from our community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of existing corporate Big Cheese Reads Initiative sponsors and corporate foundations;
- Research and solicit new corporate donors to help Boston Partners in Education meet annual fundraising goals;
- Write grant applications and reports to existing and new corporate foundations;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date notes in the database on our corporate and foundation donors and prospects;
- Attend and represent Boston Partners in Education at Big Cheese Reads visits that take place in K-8 and middle schools in every neighborhood of Boston;
- Review and refine annual sponsor benefits for the Big Cheese Reads Initiative, specifically for its annual Gala;
- Participate as a member of the organization’s Fund Development and Grants Teams;
- Participate as a member of the Board’s Gala and Development Committees, which include staff, board members, and friends;
- Serve as member of ad hoc committees when needed (e.g. 50th Anniversary Fund Raising Committee);
- Work closely with Board members whose companies are also funders;
- Work collaboratively with a variety of staff teams, including Marketing and Development, to assist in planning and execution of corporate fundraising;
- Ability to work occasional early mornings and evenings when required;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years successful corporate fundraising or corporate sales experience, sponsorship/marketing knowledge helpful
- Creative, critical and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player and represent Boston Partners in Education to donors and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with salesforce.com
- Ability to travel to city schools and event sites
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Judy Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Boston Partners in Education is an equal opportunity employer.