Closing the Achievement Gap by Addressing the Opportunity Gap
Over 85% of the Boston Public Schools student body are children of color. Every day, these students are forced to confront an opportunity gap that’s resulted from centuries of systemic racism in our country – a reality that has only been compounded by the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Boston Partners in Education, we’re committed to leveling the playing field for students of color disproportionately affected by this pandemic and the trauma of racial injustice. Together, we can start to make education an equalizer by ensuring that students most impacted by educational inequity have access to the resources and support they need – regardless of their race, neighborhood, or home life.
DONATE YOUR FUNDS
- Support the growth of our core virtual mentoring programs
- Help us build a new program dedicated to supporting the conversations around racial justice in classrooms
DONATE YOUR TIME & EXPERTISE
- Become a virtual mentor to a BPS student this year
- Help train mentors to respond to the socio-emotional learning needs that have been heightened by COVID-19
DONATE YOUR RESOURCES
- Provide needed technology and supplies to BPS student and educators, including Chromebooks and Wifi access
For more information about how to support our needs, or to make an offline donation, please contact Jim Laudisio at firstname.lastname@example.org