Boston Partners is seeking an Ambassador of Mentoring to serve as a Community Engagement Coordinator for 2017–2018. The Ambassador’s primary goals will be to:
- Expand targeted recruitment and support in identified growth school and neighborhoods, including Roxbury, Mattapan and Dorchester.
- Continue building relationships and partnerships with community based organizations in identified growth school neighborhoods, focusing on recruiting their staff, constituents and participating families.
- Build mutual partnerships with My Brother’s Keeper Boston initiative and BPS to strengthen recruitment of diverse volunteers to serve in BPS classrooms.
- Implement engagement strategy for volunteers.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with our Partnership Management and Marketing Teams to target and support recruitment and engagement activities for Performance Partner Schools, identified growth schools and their neighborhoods.
- Build upon ongoing work, as well as develop new relationships with community-based organizations to increase awareness and the diversity of our volunteer base in these expanded neighborhoods and growth schools.
- Continue and refine our relationships with BPS’ Superintendent’s Office, Office of ELL (English Language Learners) and My Brother’s Keeper toward the same end of increasing awareness, diversity and retention through engagement of more volunteers of color and volunteers overall
- BA/BS preferred, but not required
- Candidates should be familiar with the Boston area.
- Boston Public School graduates a plus
- Experience with and/or commitment to youth development, nonprofit organizations and their development
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven leadership and project management abilities
- A passion for national and community service
- The desire to work with diverse people, organizations and communities
- Flexibility, adaptability, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor
- Knowledge of Boston Public Schools and/or community organizations in the Boston area is a plus
- Vehicle and current driver’s license desirable, but not required
- You must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. to be an AmeriCorps member
- A $5,775 educational award upon completion of service
- $1,250 pre-taxed stipend per month
- Graduate certificate in Nonprofit Leadership
- Additional transportation reimbursement for qualifying members
- 250+ hours of professional training and networking opportunities in the mentoring field and the non-profit sector
- Free health care coverage
- Childcare vouchers
- Loan deferment and interest accrual payment for qualifying loans upon completion of service
- A nation-wide Alumni network
- A built-in network of AmeriCorps members and colleagues – with the potential to make lifelong friends!
AmeriCorps is a national community service program that gives people an opportunity to apply their skills and ideals towards helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. The Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring is an AmeriCorps Program where members serve in mentoring programs across Massachusetts.
Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand empowering youth-adult relationships across Massachusetts. MMP serves hundreds of program partners statewide supporting thousands of youth in quality relationships. MMP’s AmeriCorps program, the Highland Street Corps Ambassadors of Mentoring, is currently recruiting twenty-five Ambassadors for the 2017-2018 program year, which begins August 2017 and runs through June 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please fill out the online form and select “Boston Partners in Education” as your host site. All applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.
You can apply online here: https://massmentoringpartnership.quickbase.com/db/bkqwqruv4?a=nwr
Healthcare, Transportation, Education Award
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED